Join Adgitize

Adgitize your web site.

Adgitize

facebook - 1 Blog and 2 Sides
8/24/09

Dutch Babies/German Pancakes


This recipe is from a book of breakfast foods my Mom has. We have been using this recipe for many years so the name of the book is not listed on my copy of the recipe.
Dutch Babies can be made to fit the size family and pan you have. I find it is best baked in a black iron skillet but you can use any large skillet, paella pan, or container you can bake in. The container should not be more than 3 inches deep to make it cook properly.
This pancake is so spectacular when it first comes out of the oven, you will want everyone ready to eat before you bring it to the table.

Pan Size-- 2-3 quart (This is the recipe I use for Chilly and myself.)

1/4 cup butter
3 eggs
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup plain flour

To make this pancake, place the butter in the pan and set in a 425 degree oven. While the butter melts, mix the batter quickly. You can either use a blender, food processor or mix by hand with a whisk. Put the eggs either in the bowl or processing container and beat for at 1 minute. Gradually pour in the milk and slowly add the flour; continue beating or processing for 30 more seconds.
Remove the pan from the oven and pour in the batter. Place the pan back into the oven approximately 20-25 minutes, until your pancake is well browned and puffy.
After removing the pancake from the pan, you can sprinkle with powdered sugar or serve with syrup. I usually prepare fresh fruit and either bacon or sausage to go along with this pancake.

For larger pans and families, here are the ingredients.
3-4 quart pan 1/3 cup butter, 4 eggs, 1 cup milk, and 1 cup plain flour
4-4 1/2 quart pan 1/2 cup butter, 5 eggs, 1 1/4 cups milk, and 1 1/4 cups plain flour
4 1/2-5 quart pan 1/2 cup butter, 6 eggs, 1 1/2 cups milk, and 1 1/2 cups plain flour

11 comments:

  • Pblacksaw said....

    Wanda,
    I am giving you the J'Adore tien Blog award.. please stop by my page and grab it..
    Patsy

  • Sandi said....

    wow that looks really good. I wonder if you could throw some blueberries in the batter? haha :D

  • Kristin said....

    You know what? I bet my girls would love this!! Thanks for another great one! :)

  • Jackie said....

    Oh my these sound and look sinfully delicious Wanda!! I have never heard of a baked pancake. Thanks for hosting my add. Now I can get another soon again!!

    I have had technical problems all week with both satellites and I do apologize for being away but I am moving at the speed of a snail!

    I hope you have a great evening!!:-))

  • Rebecca @ Freaky Frugalite said....

    Oh my word, I am your September Pick!!! You doll!! :D

    Those pancakes look luscious! I have never heard of such a thing! Would you mind if I borrowed your recipe and put it on my cooking blog? I'll link to you. :D

  • Cristito Codo Cuizon said....

    Amazing Design of Blog..well, i realize 2day you are having great design skills than i have...

    WEll Such a brient talented person..will u be my friend..??

    I think sharing knowledge is best thing to learn something fastly ..!!

    I also want to exchange Blogroll Link with you ..

    Well, My blogaddress is http://hardwareandsoftwaretutorials.blogspot.com

    if ur reply is positive let me know..

    and add me in ur blogroll

    title: hardware and software tutorials

    url :http://hardwareandsoftwaretutorials.blogspot.com


    Let meknow after adding me ..

    Email me at cris_razer@yahoo.com


    i will add you instantly as i will receive email

    thanks in advanced

    Cris Cuizon

  • Jackie said....

    Hi Wanda,
    I just wanted to let you know if you don;t already that EC will down for 4 to 6 hours starting tomorrow the 4th at 2pm EST.

    I apologize if this hurts your hits on my blog. I dropped like mad today and about every 8 or 9th one didn't register.

    I wish there was some way they would let E1's ads run extra day as we will miss 1/2 day.

    I have a tons of expensive ads set to run tomorrow!!

    Well I'm off to supper!
    have a good night,
    Jackie

  • Becki said....

    Huh. I had never heard of Dutch Babies before and then this is the second mention this week! Maybe I'm supposed to try them ;)

  • modern fabric sofa said....

    Nice, yet another healthy recipe to try. Just in time for Labor Day! Thanks a lot for sharing.

  • Lexi said....

    Yummy food - the fastest way to a mans heart! hahahaha!

    Lexi - 09088933333

  • Prisqua said....

    Never heard of this but will defenitely give it a try, sounds good tome.

Post a Comment

 
Go Back To Top