Join Adgitize

Adgitize your web site.

Adgitize

facebook - 1 Blog and 2 Sides
9/11/09

Warm Spiced Tea

Now that the cooler weather is approaching, I really enjoy a warm drink in place of my usual glass of iced tea. Below are a couple of recipes I use in the fall and winter. They are wonderful when you have a get together with your family and friends. I really like them when I'm not feeling well.

This recipe can be made up and stored in a air tight container for the whole fall and winter season...if it lasts that long.

Instant Spiced Tea
3/4 cup instant tea with lemon
2 cups Tang
1 package sweetened lemonade KoolAid
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 3/4 cup sugar

Mix together and store in air tight container. To serve, use 2 teaspoons mix for each cup of hot water. If you want it stronger, increase to taste. Serve with a slice of orange or a cinnamon stick.


Instant Hot Chocolate
6 oz. jar powdered cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar or 2 teaspoons Sweet N Low
8 quarts size powdered milk
2 lb. box chocolate drink mix such as Nestle Quik

Mix together and store in air tight container. Use 1/3 cup mix to one cup boiling water. Serve with whipped cream or marshmallows.

10 comments:

  • Redkathy said....

    Nice mix idea. Thanks for sharing.

  • Split Rock Ranch said....

    The instant spiced tea is one of my absolute favorites!

  • Kristin said....

    Thanks for the great drink ideas!! I love trying new drink recipes and these sound really good!! :)

  • One Creative Queen said....

    OMG - Thank you!! I have a similar recipe for Spiced Tea that my mom used to make for me as a kid. Her mom used to make it for her when she was small. My family is totally not into tradition or passing things down (well, my mother isn't - so everything stopped with her), so I hold this recipe dear. I appreciate you reminding me of it!

    Have a great day! xx

  • ♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said....

    It's been a while since I last visited your blog.I'm doing now my EC round thru my husband's computer and it's way faster than mine.
    Have a wonderful week!

  • Posh Totty said....

    Mmm sounds lovely, will be giving them a try, Thank you Xx

  • Jackie said....

    Well I was going to say something cheery and then I read Wiila's comment about how fast she is moving today!!

    It reminded that my fastest satellite decided no more today thank you ma'am!!

    I am going to call them and ask why they expect 100% payment each month but don;t reset mt each month. I am sure I won't accomplish anything of earth shattering change for anyone. But, it will feel good.

    Then I might just sit back with this wonderful recipe and have some tea!!

    I hope you have a wonderful day and week Wanda!
    Jaclie:-)

  • Jackie said....

    I had no idea when I ended my post on Monday by saying here we go into another magical mystery week that would come true!!

    But, here I am!! Oh my goodness what a week and it's only Wednesday. Got any spiced tea back there Wanda?

    I don;t normally drink much but I think I need something today!!

    I grabbed your addie to make sure you are on my blog roll. I defintely don;t want to miss you after I leave EC!!

    Happy Wednesday
    Jackie:-))))

  • Sandi said....

    oh I love my warm drinks too! Thanks for the recipe.

  • Beadsme said....

    Thw spiced tea sounds delicious but what is Tang? I have never heard of it.

Post a Comment

 
Go Back To Top