Join Adgitize

Adgitize your web site.

Adgitize

facebook - 1 Blog and 2 Sides
4/29/09

****Cherry Coffee Cake Baked in a Jelly Roll Pan

1 cup shortening such as Crisco
1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla flavoring
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
Cream together the shortening, sugar, eggs and flavoring until smooth and there are no sugar granules. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, alternating with the milk.
Spread about 1/2 of the mixture over the bottom of the jelly roll pan. Spoon a can of cherry pie filling over the top of the batter. Dot the rest of the batter over the pie filling. DO NOT SPREAD. It will spread in baking.
Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 35 minutes.

****If you don't like cherries, you can use any other type of pie filling. I'll be adding a picture as soon as I get one of these baked.

9 comments:

  • Kristin said....

    This sounds like a recipe that is after my mother's heart.. I always try to find recipes with cherries in them..because she loves them so much!! Hey.. and just in time for Mother's Day!! Thanks, Wanda!!

  • august said....

    sound delicious, can i tried this recipe???
    thank you so much before... :)

  • Anonymous

    Oh my gosh I'm salivating! That sounds scrumptious!

  • Over The Top Aprons said....

    Wanda, how thoughtful of you to put a different Widget up each month. I so appreciate you included me for the month of May.

  • Unknown said....

    Oh my goodness...how decadent. I would love to try it with blueberries or blackberries! Thanks for sharing, Wanda

  • Cher said....

    Sounds yummy! Just dropped by and love your site. I also bought an EC ad from you.

  • Over The Top Aprons said....

    I must comment that I love your new log - every time I come to your blog your logo bring a smile to my face - that is a "very happy dance!".

  • KAT said....

    This sounds amazing, and easy enough that maybe even I can do it? :)

    I'm not a whiz in the kitchen, that is why I love coming to your blog!!

    Thanks Wanda!

  • Kerrilee said....

    Hi
    I would like to honor you with a Lovely Blog Award.
    Please check it out by visiting:
    http://www.LazyBearBlogs.com
    Here's what I posted on my site about yours :-)
    1 Blog & 2 Sides - is a pretty cool site to get great recipes, jump on over and have a look.

Post a Comment

 
Go Back To Top