Join Adgitize

Adgitize your web site.

Adgitize

facebook - 1 Blog and 2 Sides
1/19/09

Spinach-Artichoke Dip

1 cup artichokes hearts, chopped and drained (There is usually 2 cups in the container.)
1/2 cup frozen spinach thawed, chopped and drained (If you use the boxed spinach from the freezer there is 1 cup in it.)
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. white pepper
dash black pepper
Boil spinach and artichokes, red pepper flakes, salt, and peppers in 1 cup water until tender (approximately 5 minutes). Drain. Heat cream cheese in microwave for 1 minute. Add spinach, artichokes, and parmesan cheese. Mix well.
Best if served warm either as a dip on bread, tortilla chips, or spread on flat tortillas.

I like the small baguette bread. I slice it thinly on an angle. Brush the bread with olive oil. Cover the top with dip. I usually add a sprinkle more Parmesan cheese on top and bake at 400 degrees 5-7 minutes...just until the cheese starts to melt.

Enjoy!

9 comments:

  • ♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said....

    OMG! Thank you so much for posting these recipe, I 've been dying to make it but no idea how, thanks a lot for this!!

  • Sandi said....

    That sound amazing. I will have to try it. I told the hubby I am wanting to experiment making different kinds of dips!

  • Kristin said....

    Okay..now...who told you that spinach-artichoke dip is my most favorite dip in the entire world? This recipe is a little different than the one I am currently using, and I am always up for experimenting with it! But first, Me and my girls are going to make some of that valentine candy this week!! :) YUM!!

  • Wanda said....

    Hi Fickle, Sandi, and Kristen. thanks for stopping in and leaving your sweet comments. I'm glad you like this recipe. I've seen many different recipes for this dip but this is the one I, my family, and friends like the most.
    Kristen, would you mind sharing the recipe you have with me? Let me know how you like the candy.
    Thanks again and have a great Tuesday!

  • lizzie said....

    Sounds good!

  • ♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said....

    i have to comment,because I am watching the Iron Chef America secret ingredients Spinach. :)

  • Dana Clover said....

    Yum!!!!!
    One of my fav dips ever!

  • Anonymous

    i think i want to try that recipe.

  • Susan Cook said....

    That sounds yummy. I've had spinach dip, but not with artichokes too. I love both ingredients. I'll have to try this sometime.

Post a Comment

 
Go Back To Top