Join Adgitize

Adgitize your web site.

Adgitize

facebook - 1 Blog and 2 Sides
1/23/09

One Bowl Death By Chocolate Cookie


Here is another great recipe for Valentines!
This recipe is from Baker's Chocolate and is one of the very best cookies I've eaten.  Make a double batch from the beginning because the first batch will be gone before you get one.          

Death by Chocolate Cookie
  

2 packages (16 square) Bakers Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, divided
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
1/2 cup plain flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups chopped nuts (optional)

Heat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.  Coarsely chop 8 squares (1 package) of the chocolate; set aside;
MICROWAVE remaining 8 squares chocolate in large microwavable bowl on HIGH 1-2 minutes.  Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.  Stir in sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla.  Stir in flour and baking powder.  Stir in reserved chopped chocolate and nuts.  Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake 12 to 13 minutes or until cookies are puffed and feel set to the touch.  Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute.  Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.  Makes about 1 1/2 dozen cookies.

Note:  I make my cookies smaller than the 1/4 cupfuls.  They are too big for my liking.  Adjust the baking time if you adjust the size.

18 comments:

  • Mike Golch said....

    oh man I just gained5 lbs just reading this one.

  • MySweetThree said....

    They look sooo tasty and I still need to post some pictures of some of the tasty treats I made this week! You just might be a little proud of me! =)

  • Swapna said....

    Looks yummy....

  • FickleMinded said....

    "Make a double batch from the beginning because the first batch will be gone before you get one."
    what a wonderful advice.
    Thanks for another yummy recipe.

  • MAC said....

    While at the grocery store today I found blocks of chocolate (1 lb.) on sale for $.25 each. I can't pass up a deal like that so I bought some not knowing what I would every make with that much chocolate. You just answered my question with this recipe.
    Thank you
    Martha

  • KAT said....

    Ohhhh, these look so scrumptious!! I could eat 2 batches...no problem!!!

    Take Care,
    Kat

  • Rhonda said....

    Those sound so good! And easy to make too! Thank you for sharing the recipe!

  • Sandi said....

    that looks just amazing

  • Kristens Creations said....

    Thanks for following along on my blog! These cookies look amazing and I bet they taste amazing too. I will be copying this recipe for sure! Kristen

  • PaulsHealthblog.com said....

    Death by chocolate cookie?

    I believe it!

    Yummy!

  • One Other ... said....

    Thanks for the recipe. :-) Does this work with white chocolates too? (with bits of choc chips)?

    anyway, blogjumping from Sempurai's. :-)

  • Rosie said....

    This looks awesome!! I am going to have to give it a go!! Thanks for sharing!!

  • Nessa said....

    ooooooooooo, I'll be making these this weekend. I can't wait to try them!!!

  • OLLIE MCKAY'S ~ A Chic Boutique said....

    Yummy Yummy! Now know what I will make for next Bunko fun night! Thanks for sharing the recipe ~ they look sooo delicious!

  • foodkids said....

    hmmm yuummyyy....its a delicious cookie.

  • siteseer said....

    These are over the top good. I made them last night after seeing them here yesterday. I did leave out the nuts and increased the flour by 1/4 cup. They are to die for.

  • Wanda said....

    Thanks everyone for your great comments. These cookies are yummy. I've never tried to make them with white chocolate so I don't have any idea of how they would be. I don't see how they could be bad though.
    Thanks again for stopping by and I hope all of you have a great Friday and weekend!

  • Sue said....

    After seeing these on here for awhile, I actually made these today! They came out awesome! Death by Chocolate for sure. No one died though - lol. Thanks for the recipe :)

Post a Comment

 
Go Back To Top