Join Adgitize

Adgitize your web site.

Adgitize

facebook - 1 Blog and 2 Sides
1/5/09

Candies to Make for Valentines


Here are two recipes I made for Christmas but I'm definitely making them again for Valentines. Everyone enjoyed these and both are very simple. In order to give as a gift, I will put these in a decorative container with each candy in a little Valentines paper cup.

Pecan Clusters--Bottom Left of Picture
From: Paula Deen, Food TV

7 ounce jar marshmallow cream
3/4 pound chocolate kisses or chocolate chips (Paula recommended Hershey's but I used milk chocolate chips)
2 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
6 ounce can evaporated milk
1/2 stick butter
2 cups pecan halves

Place marshmallow cream and chocolate into a large bowl. Set aside. Combine sugar, milk, and butter in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook for 8 minutes. Pour over marshmallow and chocolate, stirring until well blended. Stir in pecans. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper.

Buckeyes - Bottom Right of Picture
Recipe given to me by my friend, Jean

4 cups powdered sugar
2 cups peanut butter
1 cup softened butter
chocolate for dipping--sometimes called chocolate coating or chocolate bark.

Mix together until smooth. Make mixture into balls about the size of a whole walnut. Place each ball on waxed paper on a sheet pan to refrigerate and just chill. Dip each ball into the melted chocolate and place back on the waxed paper. Let the chocolate harden. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.

********* Side note to the photo *********
The candy on the top left is pretzels dipped in the same chocolate as the buckeyes. The cookies are the mincemeat cookies which I have previously given you the recipe. It is listed in the menu.

14 comments:

  • lizzie said....

    I would love to try these but here in England we don't get jars of marshmallow cream. I don't know what it is. Any ideas?

  • Kristin said....

    I'm going to make those pecan clusters with my daughter!! She (and me) is going to LOVE them! Yeah!! Thank you!

  • Anonymous

    if i look in the picture, its a delicious candy but unfortunately my arm have cut of knife so i can't try this :(.its a bad for me.

  • Sharkbytes (TM) said....

    I love those buckeyes... had 2 BIG ones for Christmas at someone's party. Wouldn't dare to make a whole batch.

  • Anonymous

    Yum! If I made these I'd eat them all myself, none would be shared! :-D

  • Blogger said....

    Great, now I want cookies ;)

    So yummy!

    Bella

  • Anonymous

    This is pure YUM!

    Wanda, I want to make the chocolate pie with chocolate crust that you mentioned to me but I can't find it here on the blog. Can you point me in the right direction? My husband and my middle boy are both going to love it.

    Lizzie, I think you can melt marshmallows in the microwave to get marshmallow cream.

  • Wanda said....

    Thanks to all of you for stopping by. I hope you will get the chance to make these recipes. If you do, please let me know how you like them.

    Lizzie, Please see Cindy's post about the marshmallow cream. I hope you are able to get marshmallows in England. If not, the only other thing I know is to send you a recipe where you can make your own marshmallows and then melt them in the microwave. If you've never had one, they are very addicting and the kids love them here. I also asked a friend who lives in England about the marshmallow cream as well if she knew about it. She had never heard of it either.

  • Paul Eilers said....

    This looks yummy!

    I'll have my wife get right on it!

    But then I'll have to jog a few more miles!

    Ha! Ha! Ha!

  • ♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said....

    off topic:
    I guess you didn't check my list page, bec if you do, you will notice that your blog is number one on my list already. :)

  • Guia Obsum said....

    hi! just wanted to say thanks for always visiting my blog, it's greatly appreciated. :)

  • Anonymous

    Yum! All of your recipes looks soooo good ... one problem, I am into the basic of basic in cooking .. but once in a while I will get inspired to do something different. Thanks for sharing!


    Also, thank you for visiting my blog; I appreciate your nice comments.

    I visited your husbands blogs - the car blog is absolutely beautiful! Does he set that up himself? I love how the cars are isolated and placed against the white background... very, very classy!

  • sassy2 said....

    Paula Deen's recipes are always the greatest! Can't wait to get busy cooking these recipes! Thanks.

  • Anonymous

    Yum! Those both sound so easy and delicious! Thank you for sharing the recipes!

Post a Comment

 
Go Back To Top