Join Adgitize

Adgitize your web site.

Adgitize

facebook - 1 Blog and 2 Sides
12/4/08

Bacon & Cheese Fritata


Last Sunday I wanted something different to eat...other than Thanksgiving leftovers. I was doing recipe searches on Saturday and found something similar to what I made on Sunday. This is what I did.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
I cut about 1/4 pound of country style bacon into pieces about 1 to 1 1/2 inches long and cooked it in a large oven proof skillet. After the bacon was cooked, I removed it from the pan but did not take out the bacon drippings. (There was very little from this bacon.)
I peeled and shredded 6 potatoes. I evenly placed them on the bottom of the skillet. (You can use prepared frozen hashbrown potatoes if you prefer.
Return the bacon to the skillet.
Next I broke and whipped 6 eggs. I added 3/4 cup of sour cream, 1/4 cup milk, and salt and pepper to taste to the eggs. I poured this over the potatoes and bacon.
Last I shredded 2 ounces of sharp cheddar cheese and 2 ounces of swiss cheese and placed it over the egg mixture.
Place the skillet into the oven and bake for 1 hour or until set.

Chilly really enjoyed this. I served it with toast and jelly. It would also be great with fruit or a salad and can be served for any meal of the day.

6 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Go Back To Top