Join Adgitize

Adgitize your web site.

Adgitize

facebook - 1 Blog and 2 Sides
11/27/08

Classic Cranberry Nut Bread from Ingles Grocery Store


2 cups plain flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon grated orange peel
1 egg, well beaten
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons shortening

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium mixing bowl. Stir in orange juice, orange peel, shortening and egg. Mix until well blended. Stir in cranberries and nuts. Spread evenly in loaf pan. Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely. Wrap and store overnight. Makes 1 loaf (16 slices).

9 comments:

  • Anonymous

    Oh this looks absolutely YUMMY! Thanks!
    Kara

  • Anonymous

    I made this and it is awesome!

  • Wanda said....

    Thanks Kara....It is great....especially with a little cream cheese on it.

    I'm glad you liked it Rich. I hope you will try more of the recipes on the blog and enjoy them too.

  • Laurie Roskam said....

    I made this! YUM!! I'm serving it at our Christmas gathering also. I've got two grown boys and they eat like HAUS off of Gunsmoke! Thanks so much. Love your blog and glad you're following mine! With gratitude, laurie b. Oh, and now we're on TWITTER!!! Whooho.

  • Anonymous

    Fluffy and I made this yesterday. It was Great!
    In fact it reminded me of my mom's cranberry nut
    bread. She was a great Hungarian baker. Our hats
    are off to you. Thank you, thank you! Now on to the Fritata!
    Wanda, do you have a recipe for Russian Tea Biscuits? Yummmmmmmy!
    Silly Willy and Fluffy

  • Wanda said....

    I'm so glad you are liking this recipe. I really liked it too. I made it last week for the day at elections. It was a great breakfast...especially if you don't want too much to eat early in the AM.

    I don't know what Russian Tea Biscuits are. Are they similar to a wedding cookie?

  • Silly Willy and Fluffy said....

    Wanda, Russian Tea Biscuits are hard to describe.
    They are a rolled dough with a raisin,nut and raspberry jam filling. They are usually 3X4X2 inch high. There is a sugar coating on top. It is delicious and goes great with coffee or tea. I will go online and try to find the recipe. If I find it, bake it and it tastes great, I'll send it to you. OK? Silly Willy

  • Wanda said....

    Hi Silly Willy,
    I will look forward to seeing the recipe. It sounds like they would be delicious.
    I hope you have a great day!
    Wanda

  • Silly Willy and Fluffy said....

    Hi Wanda, I found a picture of Russian Tea Biscuits.
    http://flickr.com/photos/stuart_spivack/3070047988/

    I also found a recipe but have not tried it yet for that special taste.

Post a Comment

 
Go Back To Top