Join Adgitize

Adgitize your web site.

Adgitize

facebook - 1 Blog and 2 Sides
8/12/08

No Bake Peanut Butter Bars


2 cups peanut butter, divided
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine softened
2 cups powdered sugar
2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 cups or 12 oz.  milk chocolate chips

Beat 1 1/4 cup of peanut butter and butter together.  Gradually add the sugar, graham crackers, and 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.  Firmly press the mixture into a 9 x 13 inch pan.  Melt the remaining peanut butter and chocolate in a microwave safe bowl.  Place the icing on the bars while hot.  After icing is spread, place in the refrigerator to firm up for a couple of hours.  Cut into small squares.
This taste very close to Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

12 comments:

  • DineometerDeb said....

    Chilly finally cooked again. Yeah!

  • Anonymous

    I have been searching for this recipe for far too long. Our elementary school made these when I was a kid and they were good. Thanks for posting!!!

  • Anonymous

    I can't eat peanut putter but I tried your philly cheese steak. It was historic. It's also good with cheddar cheese. When i die, I hope they don't have enough room in heaven, so they put me in an area where they serve these. Or maybe if I go to hell and God doesn't like 'em I can have 'em all the time. Hey, up there, you listening?
    Thanks
    Rob

  • Iris said....

    Hi! Chilly thank you for sharing this one, i am glad i found this recipe my kids are so inlove with peanut butter and i am sure they will love this.

    Have bookmarked your site.

  • Anonymous

    Ooh--this looks delicious! You should do a guest post on The Peanut Butter Blog!

  • Southern Plate said....

    These look fabulous! I'm hungry now!

  • Unknown said....

    I used to make these and LOVED them! Maybe I'll make them for our family reunion next week. They're always a crowd pleaser!

  • Elle said....

    YAY! TWO new recipes, and both in the chocolate food group! Thanks, Chilly!

  • Unknown said....

    You can't buy peanut butter and chocolate together in New Zealand and I really miss it. I can't wait to make these bars

  • Ann said....

    That looks so yummy!

  • ABrushWithHumor said....

    Those look so easy I'm going to try them tonight!
    Nothinglikeit

  • Susan Cook said....

    My Aunt used to make something like this on every holiday. I haven't had them though in years, maybe I'll try to make these myself. Thanks for the recipe.

Post a Comment

 
Go Back To Top