Join Adgitize

Adgitize your web site.

Adgitize

facebook - 1 Blog and 2 Sides
2/10/09

Sweet Potato Pie

3 cups of cooked sweet potatoes mashed
1 can evaporated milk
2 eggs
1-2 tsp. vanilla flavoring
1/4 teaspoon cloves, nutneg and cinnamon
1 stick melted butter or margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 deep dish pastry pie crust

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Dock the pie crust using a fork. Docking will prevent a bubble from rising up in the middle of the crust. Bake the pie crust for 6 to 8 minutes...just to set it. Mix all of the ingredients until smooth and pour into the pie crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.
*** If you have any extra filling, bake it in a corning wear dish. It can be eaten like a pudding. I also do the same thing with the extra pumpkin pie filling. ***

3 comments:

  • Mike Golch said....

    thanks for this one.

  • Kristin said....

    I never knew that about the extra filling! I will have to try that, I would not mind at all to eat it like a pudding! Thanks, Wanda, you're great!!

  • Anonymous

    I have made this recipe before and it is so tasty! Thank you for the tip about cooking up the extra filling, I have always ended up with a little extra and I didn't know what to do with it.

Post a Comment

 
Go Back To Top