Join Adgitize

Adgitize your web site.

Adgitize

facebook - 1 Blog and 2 Sides
11/23/08

Quiche


This recipe can be made in a variety of ways. Today, I made a Sausage and Cheddar cheese quiche. This is great for any meal of the day. If I am serving it for breakfast, I love to serve a nice bowl of fresh mixed fruit. A nice mixed salad with some mandarin oranges, apples, or strawberries is delicious with this for lunch or dinner.

1 deep dish unbaked pie shell
1 1/4 - 1 1/2 cups milk (too much milk makes the quiche watery)
3 eggs
1 cup grated cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
dash of cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, and ground nutmeg
3/4 cup of cooked meat (diced ham, crumbled bacon, or sausage) You can also add some spinach or broccoli to make a variation.

Place the grated cheddar cheese and meat on the bottom of the pie crust or other varieties you decide upon. Mix the eggs, milk, and seasonings and pour into the pie crust. Bake for 45-50 minutes at 350 degrees.

The quiche will be puffy when it first comes out of the oven but will fall some when it starts to cool. Enjoy!

13 comments:

  • Mike Golch said....

    sounds good,I'll have to ask the Bh to try this one.

  • capybara said....

    My wife and I love Quiche although we do tend to buy ready made ones. I am sure a homemade recipe would be better though!

  • Anonymous

    That looks delicious!

  • Kristin said....

    I will need to try this recipe. I have never met a quiche I didn't like...seriously, I could eat quiche everyday. I have a recipe for one that you mix the ingredients of quiche plus bisquick in a blender and you don't even need a pie crust, because it is already "built in" the mix.. Although, i do prefer the seperate crusts...but if you don't have a pie crust, it comes in handy. (sorry I am so long-winded, my goodness) =)

  • Unknown said....

    You do some really lovely recipes and this one looks really delicious. I wonder if you have heard of Yorkshire Curd pie or tart? I have been tryinng to get hold of the recipe as it is supposed to taste like heaven on earth and well, I hope that you do not mind but I thought I would ask you on the off chance that you may know how to make one.

  • Anonymous

    This one is going to my printer to make.
    Thanks for sharing
    Martha

  • *lynne* said....

    Yummy I've been looking for a simple quiche recipe for a while - thanks! :) I'll let you know how it turns out.

    2 questions:
    1. any idea of weight of the meat you used? I'm trying to use ground fake meat (i.e. soy crumbles) that come in 1 lb equivalent of ground beef. That would be a little much for this recipe, yes? :)

    2. is this pie crust the one that you find in the same section as cookie dough, eggs, and crescent rolls? This ain't the graham cracker pie crust, right? :)

  • iceah said....

    looks yummy to me :9

  • PYNTK said....

    This quiche caught me eye. It's been a long time since I've had a tasty one. When it's good, it's really GOOD!

  • Wanda said....

    Thank you all for your comments. I hope all of you enjoy this. Please let me know how you make it if you do and what combination you put together.
    This is also delicious with onions, bell peppers, mushrooms and jack cheese.

  • *lynne* said....

    Hi! I've finally blogged about my quiche adventures - you can read about them in this post. Thanks again for this great recipe, it served as the main basis for my experiments :)

  • *lynne* said....

    Hi,
    Just thought I'd drop you another comment just to say THANK YOU, I keep coming back to this recipe as a base for which to add further when I'm in the mood for quiche :) Today I'm doing meatloaf leftovers with basil and diced tomatoes and lots and lots of cheese, with 6 eggs and a cup of half-and-half :)
    *lynne*

  • Wanda said....

    Hi Lynne, So glad you are enjoying this recipe and finding many ways to use it. :-) I love recipes I can do many things with.
    Take care and have a great evening!

Post a Comment

 
Go Back To Top