Join Adgitize

Adgitize your web site.

Adgitize

facebook - 1 Blog and 2 Sides
9/22/08

Brunswick Stew

2  1/2 cups each of cooked chicken, pork, and beef which has been chopped or ground finely. (We use chicken that has been boiled or roasted, roast beef, and pork left over from a roast or pork chops.  If you boil the chicken, use the broth from the chicken for the moisture in the stew.)
3  potatoes diced very small
3  cups fresh frozen whole kernel corn or 2 cans whole kernel corn, drained
2  onions diced very small
1  can Rotel tomatoes
1  medium can chopped tomatoes
1  large can tomato juice
1  can tomato soup
1  tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons white vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
(If you don't want to use Rotel tomatoes, add an additional can of tomatoes and a dash of hot sauce and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes.)


Mix all together and cook on medium heat.  Turn the heat down and simmer like you would spaghetti sauce--at least a couple of hours.

This is great to freeze in containers that can be microwaved.  I serve it with crackers.

4 comments:

  • missarkie said....

    I just saw this recipe. I am going to try it with the rotel. There are only two of us and lots of times I have meat left over. I have pork left over from a pork roast that I cooked. I am going to try this recipe with the pork. Come vist me at www.thebikersvoice.com

  • Wanda said....

    Hi Missarkie, I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as all of my family does. My Mom has been making this since I was a little girl.
    Please let me know how you like it.
    Have a great evening!
    Wanda

  • Kim said....

    Thanks for posting this...I needed this recipe!
    www.kimskountrykitchen.com

  • Shari Thomas said....

    I've always made Brunswick Stew with rabbit, chicken, and a couple of smoked ham hocks. As for the veggies, I also add small green lima beans.

    Done in the crock pot, it's an awesome use of leftovers, too.

Post a Comment

 
Go Back To Top