Join Adgitize

Adgitize your web site.

Adgitize

facebook - 1 Blog and 2 Sides
6/6/08

Sausage Squares


2 cans crescent rolls
2 pounds breakfast sausage (not links and any flavor you prefer). I prefer hot sausage.
8 ounces cream cheese
1 stick melted butter
1 Onion chopped (if you want)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. While the oven is preheating, Melt a tablespoon of butter or margarine in a skillet. Add onion, then saute over medium heat until tender then add and cook the sausage and drain any grease from it. Stir in the cream cheese until melted. Press in the bottom of a 9x13x2 dish with 1 can of the crescent rolls, pressing together to make a crust.
After the sausage is cooked and cream cheese melted, place over the bottom crust. Lay the remaining can of crescent rolls over the top of the meat mixture as close as possible to make a top crust. Drizzle melted butter over the top of the casserole. Bake at 350 degrees until the rolls have turned golden brown. This will be approximately 25-35 minutes.

Serve in squares. Great for breakfast, but this is delicious for any meal of the day. Great served with eggs on the side. :-)

14 comments:

  • Anonymous

    I can feel my arteries freezing up, but man are my taste buds rejoicing! Where's the onion?

    ê¿ê

  • chilly said....

    Hi there!
    LOL! Well...... You can put onions into it and I love all you can add. I forgot to add that you can because I have got used to not adding them. Wife hates onions so I never use them in this.
    Thanks for stopping by! :)

  • Anonymous

    God that sounds good.

  • Anonymous

    Sounds like a great recipe. Check out my recipe blog / site if you get the time. http://www.fivestarrecipes.com/blog/

  • Anonymous

    I didn't know you cooked too! Those look good!

  • Anonymous

    Doesn't the melted butter make the dough soggy? I've never heard of pouring butter over a crescent roll before baking... It looks like it worked though and sounds good... Easy 'nuff...

  • chilly said....

    Actually no, it doesn't. The butter makes the crust on the top and bottom crispy and causes the rolls to brown more. If you don't add it, they would be drier. Believe it or not, the sausage and cream cheese does not get greasy either by adding the butter to the top.

  • Anonymous

    Well then... I think you just sold me on gaining five pounds and trying this recipe... Thanks a lot...

  • Tina said....

    I never knew this was your blog Chilly. This has officially freaked me out lol. I found out on checking my top droppers, and saw the bricks as your other site!

    So your a drop star too here then! Let me know if you want to add the badge and ill pop you on the roll again ;)

  • chilly said....

    Hi Tina! Sure I will add it and just maybe people will follow it back to your site.

    Thanks!

    Realtor, I think you'll find it real good for any meal. :)

  • Linda Hammelman said....

    This look like a great new breakfast dish! I'll be back!

  • Soyun Park said....

    Looks great. I will try it soon~
    Soyun.

  • Lux said....

    My mom says she wants that for breakfast in the morning! :)

  • Anonymous

    Wow, this looks delicious. My son will love this. Actually, I looked at your other recipes and am so glad I discovered your blog. What wonderful recipes.

Post a Comment

 
Go Back To Top