4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, about 1 1/2 Ibs. total
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/3 cup bottled barbecue sauce
4-8 slices cooked bacon, according to your taste preference
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 scallions, trimmed and sliced
1 small tomato, chopped
1. Heat oven to 350°.
2. Place chicken in a single layer in a greased baking dish.
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spoon on the barbecue sauce.
4. Bake in 350° oven for 25 minutes, or until all pink is gone.
5. Top each breast half with 1 or 2 slices of cooked bacon. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
6. Bake in oven 5 more minutes.
7. Top each breast half with fresh scallions and tomatoes just before serving.