Join Adgitize

Adgitize your web site.

Adgitize

facebook - 1 Blog and 2 Sides
3/25/08

One dish meal


1 large onion, diced.
1 1/2 lb. ground beef.
1 cup water.
1/2 cup flour.
2 tablespoons oil.
8 oz. grated Colby cheese.
3 cups mixed vegetables, cooked.
Mashed potatoes.

In small bowl, whisk the flour and water until it forms a paste. Set to side for now.
In a skillet, heat the oil. When oil is hot, add the onion and saute until softened. Now put it to side for now.
Put ground beef in a skillet and saute, breaking up large chunks with spatula, until browned. Drain grease. Stir in onion and mixed vegetables. Stir in the flour and water mixture. This will thicken the juices to form a sauce. When meat is fully cooked and the sauce has thickened, add salt and pepper to taste.
Preheat oven 350 degrees.
In a flat 10in x 10in x 2in casserole dish, (spray w/pam) Put the ground beef mixture in bottom. Then cover all with mashed potatoes. Put in oven uncovered for 30 minutes to get hot. Then cover all with grated cheese. Put back into oven until all cheese is melted.
Now you have your meat, taters and veggies all in one meal. :)

*Note: This is not the recipe to get creative with your mashed potatoes. A little milk, maybe some butter, mash with a potato masher.

4 comments:

  • DineometerDeb said....

    I have actually been looking for a hamburger cassarole recipe. I might try this.

  • Admin said....

    Looks like Shepherd's pie.

    YUMMY BLOG:)

  • chilly said....

    Hi Dineometerdeb! I love hamburger and potatos and can eat them anytime. This is a good way to have them together. :)

    Hello Leon! My wife says this and Shepherd's pie are pretty much the same thing.

    Thank you guys for stopping by! :)

  • Allen Davis said....

    This looks like what my mom made. I have book marked it for reference. I am not a very good cook, so I might have to get help. I have only made low fat nachos and omlets. I am sure this is not low fat, but I might try putting in fat free cheese or using low fat turkey instead of hamburger. But, of course I may want to splurge once in awhile. Thanks for adding this recipe.

Post a Comment

 
Go Back To Top